The Athena Network works with you to create your Life by Design Plan. We develop this plan together to provide clarity and confidence in how to create and live the life you want.
Please see below to learn more about the plan features.
Your plan is a collaborative effort between The Athena Network and:
- You and your family. After all, it’s about your life and your money! We want to know quantitative data, but also qualitative data, such as money personalities, family values, and life dreams. Instead of providing quick answers, we facilitate a discovery process that helps you to be part of the solution.
- Your other advisors. These other advisors may include your CPA, estate attorney, insurance agent, company HR benefits manager, and others. This collaboration leverages all of the specialized expertise available to you. With your permission, The Athena Network takes the lead to coordinate the joint efforts with your other advisors.
Depending on your individual circumstances, your plan may include some or all of the following components. Note that this is not an exhaustive list, as your situation may require additional analysis.
- Statement of Financial Position. Also known as the “Net Worth Statement”, this calculates the difference between what you own and what you owe.
- Financial Independence Analysis. This analysis determines at what age you may have the option to continue working or not, given different savings and Social Security strategies, as well as other factors.
- Tax Planning. Careful planning throughout the year can help you reduce the taxes you pay and better enable you to achieve your financial goals.
- Education Planning. This involves saving for your or a loved one’s education.
- Estate Planning. It is critical to put into place the correct documents and to title assets properly to ensure the orderly disposal of your estate upon death. Your estate plan may also include strategies to minimize potential federal estate taxes.
- Lifetime Gifts to Individuals and Bequests to Charity. We help you to structure gifting vehicles, and assist you in deciding how to attain the most impact per dollar gifted.
- Insurance Planning. We examine the sufficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness of your existing insurance coverage, and identify if there is a need for coverage where none currently exists. Types of coverages considered includes life, long-term care, disability, auto, homeowners, umbrella, and others.
- Contingency Risk Analysis. We discuss the potential need for identity theft protection, a financial emergency kit, prepaid legal services, a prenuptial agreement, and other risk management vehicles.
- Employee Benefits Analysis: Together we examine the benefits available to you through your employer and choose those most appropriate for you needs.
Your plan is integrated in the following ways:
- The individual elements of the plan are integrated into a cohesive whole.
- Your plan is also integrated with your investments.
- Finally, your plan is integrated with your life. For many of us life is a series of trade-offs, so we help you make financial decisions that are aligned with the values that matter to you. Because it’s not just about money, it’s about your life!
Each aspect of your plan includes related, relevant educational materials and discussion. At The Athena Network, we recognize that it is important for you to understand what we are doing on your behalf, and why.